DR. CHRIS DONEGAN
Managing Partner, Executive Chairperson (15+ years’ experience)
- Monica is an experienced business strategist, chartered accountant and M&A specialist.
- She has significant private equity experience and has held senior positions at KPMG, Deloitte and Zion Capital where she led deal origination and execution in EMEA.
- Monica holds an MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management from Cranfield School of Management and an MA in Economics from Peking University. At Hywin Wealth she is Executive Chairperson responsible for business strategy and finance.
Managing Partner, Head of Client Relationship Management (30+ years’ experience) Chartered FCSI
- Massimo is a veteran private banker who spent 17 years with UBS in Switzerland and London, culminating as desk head for Italy, Spain, Central and North America. In 1998 he founded Wealth Management Services Ltd as an independent wealth manager, merging with the Chiltern Group in 2001.
- When Chiltern Wealth Management Ltd was acquired by EFG Private Bank in 2006 he led the integrated business as Managing Director for five years.
- Massimo has focused his entire career on serving high net worth individuals and in particular UK Non Domiciled clients.
Dr. Chris Donegan
Partner CRO (25 years’ experience)
- A former strategy consultant at Accenture, Chris joined UBS in 1994 where he was responsible for business risk management in the equity derivatives division, managing over £50bn in transactions across the USA and European time zones.
- In 2000 Chris co-founded and led the European American Banking Group as CEO growing headcount to >300 in the USA and Europe and reaching an Enterprise Value of $100m in four years.
- Chris holds a Ph.D from Imperial College and is ranked as one of the worlds top 300 IP strategists. At Hywin Wealth Chris serves as Chief Risk Officer.
Partner & Chief Investment Officer (17+ years’ experience)
- Gianmarco is the Chief Investment Officer at Hywin Wealth and is responsible for Portfolio Management.
- Prior to joining Hywin Wealth, Gianmarco oversaw the European/US Equity absolute return equity book for Exor Spa - the holding company of the Agnelli family.
- Gianmarco has also worked at some of the world’s largest and most successful investment firms including Caxton Europe Asset Management and Pioneer Investment Management, where he was responsible for developing the European Equity Income strategy.
Head of Product Development (20+ years’ experience)
- Kamil has worked in research, sales and trading for 20 years building a comprehensive knowledge of all aspects of fund management.
- Kamil has been a Partner in North of South Capital, an Emerging Markets Fund Manager for eight years. Prior to this he worked as an equity sales professional at UBS and Man Group, an investment analyst at Odey Asset Management and a proprietary trader at Dresdner Bank.
- Kamil has a first class degree in operational research from the London School of Economics and an ERASMUS Diploma from EM Strasbourg Business School.
Managing Director (26+ years’ experience)
- Kalpana Shah FCSI is a Chartered Wealth Manager who has accumulated over 26 years’ experience in international private banking covering mainly the East Africa region.
- Kalpana started her career at Bank of America and then Credit Agricole, where she started the NRI desk for the group in London. Prior to joining Hywin Wealth, Kalpana served as Director at HSBC Private Bank in London for over 11 years, where she headed the East Africa desk. Kalpana holds a BA in Accounting and Finance.
- Kalpana continues to have strong relationships in Africa where she assists clients with corporate structuring and wealth management.
Managing Director (19 years’ experience) Chartered MCSI
- Neal has accumulated 19 years’ experience in Private Wealth Management. In 1999 he started his career in London at Rathbones. In 2004 he joined Close Brothers followed by Insinger de Beaufort, before moving to Bermuda in 2009 to join Butterfield Private Bank.
- During his time in Bermuda, Neal focused on servicing the needs of the local expat community and international Private Clients. He also expanded his experience in working with local Trust Companies. In 2012, Neal relocated to London and joined Butterfield Private Bank to expand their client servicing in the UK whilst also maintaining his relationship with Bermuda.
- As a Managing Director at Hywin Wealth, Neal will continue to build on his strong relationships with Private Clients, Family Offices and Trust Companies both in London and Bermuda as well as internationally.
Head of Human Resources and Business Manager (18+ years’ experience)
- Stacy has worked in wealth management for over 18 years and has experience of all business support functions. She is a CIPD qualified human resources specialist and an expert in client facing administration.
- Prior to joining Hywin Wealth, Stacy worked at EFG Private Bank, Chiltern Wealth Management Services and UBS.
- During her career Stacy has been responsible for various administration aspects of the business from recruiting, clients onboarding, cash management, MIS, accounting relationships, payroll administration, custody relationships, invoicing, external providers and office management.
Chief Operating Officer (15+ years’ experience)
- Steven Graves brings a decade and a half of execution experience to the role of Chief Operating Officer at Hywin Wealth.
- Steven started his career at Credit Suisse in London private banking operations and was ultimately responsible for managing all aspects of operational risk.
- Since joining Hywin Wealth Steven has managed trading operations, information technology, trade settlement, reconciliation and execution and is an expert on all aspects of booking and systems.
Head of Legal and Compliance (7 years’ experience)
- Aaron works alongside Hywin Wealth’s CRO as Head of Legal and Compliance.
- He is responsible for ensuring that the firm is fully compliant with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to the firm. He is a regulatory specialist with a background in banking, asset management and private wealth management gained as an industry consultant and in prior roles at Lloyds Bank.
- Aaron has achieved a 2:1 in Law and has a LL.M in International Legal Practice.
Head of China Desk (11+ years’ experience)
- Sophie works in the relationship management team at Hywin serving international private clients. She is a CeMAP, DipFA qualified property specialist who formerly provided mortgage advice to high net worth individuals at Bank of China.
- Prior to this she worked at HSBC and Lloyds in Manchester and London where she provided financial and mortgage advice to private clients.
- Sophie holds a first-class degree in Law from Liaoning University in China and a Masters (LLM) in International Economic Law from the University of Warwick. She is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
Analyst (1+ years’ experience)
- Tina works alongside Hywin Wealth’s CIO and Head of Product as a financial analyst.
- She is assisting the investment team with analysis and quantitative research, preparing investment presentations and proposals. She is responsible for supporting fund managers with fund research and launch. She is currently studying towards her CFA.
- Tina holds a first class Bachelor of Science from Bocconi University and a Master in Finance from Cass business school. She is fluent in English and Mandarin.